Thursday, July 27, 2017

Revisiting the Past. This is probably my favorite blog post I ever made


I would like to share with you what is probably my favorite blog post I ever made. Maybe you can see why when you read it. It saddens me though…because as I read my own story again, I can’t help but think back and compare today’s “christians” with those described in this story which took place more than 30 years ago. Not only are the majority of “christians” today an eerie mirror image of those of the past, they are worse. They have become a very dark reflection indeed. :-(

The article posted September 21, 2014 was the 5th of my "TIME CAPSULE" articles.



INTRO:

The 1980's was the heyday of Charismatic televangelism. For some denominations it was a time of ministry minded madness.  

I was a naive struggling new Christian needing shepherding, but was caught in a sea of insecure yet competitive church people jockeying for positions in the church hierarchy, many had lofty dreams of soon entering the limelight of Christian ministry. 

Their doctrine was a failing one of  the "fake it 'till you make it" doctrine of affirmation of wholeness. They were the walking wounded, blinded by their doctrine of denial, carrying a beam in their own eyes while earnestly searching for someone else to fix.  

It was a very confusing and lonely time for me. I had thought that Christians were people whose focal point was on Jesus Christ and on becoming more like him. I thought Christians were supposed to be nice people, caring people, people who were different than the rest of the world, people who had genuine love for others like Jesus in the Bible.  

Instead, I found myself in the midst of "Churchanity", surrounded by church people whose ambition was to be a leader of leaders, not a servant to the needy....and, for some reason some of these ministry minded church people targeted me.  

Continue reading at this link: